RE: HTML editor

Subject: RE: HTML editor
From: "Dori Green" <dgreen -at- associatedbrands -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:25:23 -0500

Raw code and Notepad work just fine when the primary purpose is to convey
information.

If lots of bells and whistles and interactive elements are desired for that
"marketing sizzle", a WYSIWYG editor and a not-too-complicated template are
useful.

I just got hornswoggled by a pricey ($58) website template that had so many
flash inserts and bells and whistles that I don't know if I'll be able to
use it at all. Sigh. It's just tuition.

I _will_ teach myself how to do my own text animations so I can insert them
as GIF files, and I won't have to buy any $899 software to do it with,
either. So there.

How vital is it for a button to change color when the reader passes their
cursor over it? Not very, I'm guessing. So I don't think I'm going to
bother learning how to add that feature any time soon.

I'm at an age where I do try to pick my battles.

Will I pay $49.95 per month to have somebody else manage my web store, or
will I post my items and have customers order via e-mail and pay via Paypal
through an e-mail account I keep for that purpose? I'm guessing we'll keep
things simple.

Dori Green