RE: word numbering best practice question

Subject: RE: word numbering best practice question
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -dot- Brierley -at- ipc -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:44:54 -0500

Thanks,

I shalln't bother you offline. Key here for me is that you are using the
Outline Numbered tab to set up list numbering, not the Numbered tab.
And, it sounds like you've been successful and this does not mess with
Outline view (I use outline numbering with headings, also).

Thanks!

________________________________

From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -dot- Brierley -at- ipc -dot- com>

> Hi,
>
> Numbering in Word (2003)--if reference fields and VBA are not
an
> option--what's the best way to set up list numbering for
styles that are
> used for procedures and not for headings (using the Word GUI)?

> For example, should I use outline numbering for procedural
lists
> (Outline Numbered tab versus Numbered tab)? Would this affect
outline
> view in any way? Would using the Outlined Numbered tab be less
robust
> than using the Numbered tab?
>
> Cheers.
>

> DISCLAIMER:
> Important Notice
> This e-mail may contain information that is confidential,
privileged or
> otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an
intended recipient of
> this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means.
Please delete it
> and any attachments and notify the sender that you have
received it in error.
> Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the
basis of
> information in this e-mail.E-mail messages may contain
computer viruses or other
> defects, may not be accurately replicated on other systems, or
may be
> intercepted, deleted or interfered with without the knowledge
of the sender or
> the intended recipient. If you are not comfortable with the
risks associated
> with e-mail messages, you may decide not to use e-mail to
communicate with IPC.
> IPC reserves the right, to the extent and under circumstances
permitted by
> applicable law, to retain, monitor and intercept e-mail
messages to and from its
> systems.
> > Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help
file formats or
> printed documentation. Features include single source
authoring, team authoring,
http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

> Now shipping: Help & Manual 4 with RoboHelp(r) import! New
editor,
> full Unicode support. Create help files, web-based help and
PDF in up
http://www.helpandmanual.com

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as
kmurri -at- comcast -dot- net -dot-

http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/kmurri%40comcast.net