RE: Letter of Resignation

Subject: RE: Letter of Resignation
From: "Thomas Johnson" <tajohnson -at- microlinetc -dot- com>
To: "'Chris McQueen'" <chrism -at- docutechcorp -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:39:22 -0500

The resignation letter can be a reassurance to your employer. It says,
between the lines, that:
You are leaving on good terms
It's your choice
You won't sue them for wrongful discharge
You aren't going to immediately collect unemployment (you may if the
new job doesn't work out for some reason)

I have used a favorable resignation letter to leverage a great letter of
recommendation from an boss that normally won't write them.

Tom