Re: Word 2000 VB-Stuff

Subject: Re: Word 2000 VB-Stuff
From: "Harry Bacheler" <hbacheler -at- aol -dot- com>
To: "Jonathan West" <jwest -at- mvps -dot- org>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:01:40 -0500

A way to protect 'original' files is to 'Zip' them, and password the ZIP file.

You can list the ZIP file from within XP (in my experience)

Individually password protecting them does not have a high return on investment of your time.

You could put them in directories/folders, and set to "read only" all of the files, and also the directory/folder.

If you need one of the files , you can always get it. You would manipulate the setting of the docuemnts and the directory/folder when you need to

Hope this would be a different approach you could consider.

Harry
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan West" <jwest -at- mvps -dot- org>