Re: Why oh why oh why

Subject: Re: Why oh why oh why
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "List,Techwriter" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 20:51:24 -0800

I hope this isn't the start of another "we techwriters are undervalued"
thread. Anytme I'm on the verge of becoming "a little testy" because someone's not listening to my suggestions about SW UIs I just take
a moment to think about a (non-writer) fellow I met some years ago
during my previous life as an aerospace engineer:

http://onlineethics.org/moral/boisjoly/RB-intro.html

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Beth Agnew" <beth -dot- agnew -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca>

As a profession, we are a resource that can help companies avoid or fix usability problems -- yet so few development organizations use us in that way, and often resist our efforts to advocate for the user. Along with customer support and training departments, we point out areas where customers have, and will have, problems with the product, but then we see management make decisions that go in a different direction. No wonder we get a little testy from time to time.