RE: How to document a programming language?

Subject: RE: How to document a programming language?
From: "technical writing plus" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:15:32 -0600

All I can offer are some general words. You say 'documenting for a few years
now' which I take to mean for the end-user; but maybe I'm wrong. Documenting
stuff concerning QA's test harness, though, would be quite different because
your end-user might not be 'end-users' in the true sense of the term.

Some of the most important questions in your mind, as you write and assemble
the documentation, ought to be 'who am I writing to?' and 'why?'.