RE: What do I call this doodad?

Subject: RE: What do I call this doodad?
From: "technical writing plus" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:23:03 -0600

I always thought that 'Flash' was the name of a company. I think that
'Memory Stick' is also trademarked.

Jim Jones

-----Original Message-----
The generic industry term used by OEMs is "USB memory device."

>I need to refer to use of a flash drive / USB drive / thumb drive.
> .
> Is there a standard term for these ubiquitous doohickeys?


Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats or
printed documentation. Features include single source authoring, team authoring,
Web-based technology, and PDF output.

Now shipping: Help &amp; Manual 4 with RoboHelp(r) import! New editor,
full Unicode support. Create help files, web-based help and PDF in up
to 106 languages with Help &amp; Manual:

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Re: What do I call this doodad?: From: Gene Kim-Eng

Previous by Author: RE: How to document a programming language?
Next by Author: RE: Lyx or Writer
Previous by Thread: Re: What do I call this doodad?
Next by Thread: Re: Giving up on XML

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads