Re: Translating CHM

Subject: Re: Translating CHM
From: "Khizran Kaleem" <khizran -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Suresh KV" <vsuresh -at- clavib -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 12:34:35 +0500

Hi Suresh,

I faced the exact same problem a few days back. I created WebHelp in RX5 and
had to send it for localization. I'm not quite sure HOW the translation for
CHM files is handled but the company doing the translation for us asked us
to send them CHM file and they would deliver us a translated CHM file.

I simply compiled the WebHelp as Microsoft HTML Help (.chm) and gave it to
the localization company.

They agreed on delivering translated files in .chm format. What I plan to do
is use HTML Help Studio (available in the Tools pane of RX5) to extract the
translated .htm files from the .chm file and place them in the output folder
that was created when I compiled the WebHelp.

Who's doing the translation for you? You will have to confirm with them what
format they would need the help file from you. How they decompile it or
translate it should not bother you much as long as they give you the
translated files in the format you find easy and convenient to manage.

Regards,
Khizran.