RE: Getting Black Balled by a Doc Manager & Filing for Unemployme nt -Need Advice

Subject: RE: Getting Black Balled by a Doc Manager & Filing for Unemployme nt -Need Advice
From: Kevin McLauchlan <kmclauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 17:07:20 -0400

Kevin McLauchlan blurted:

> Is this another one of those terms that used to mean something, but
> has gone sideways?
>
> In all my previous experience, getting "blackballed" has had two meanings:
[snipping me]

John and others have pointed out that the OP might simply have been unaware
of the meaning of the word.

In retrospect, I should have assumed that possibility and brought the
[possible] error to the attention of the OP, in private. It's what I'd want
others to do for me.

Following that thought a little further, it occurs to me to wonder how many
words I blurt out in public places, thinking that I know what they mean,
when I perhaps shouldn't be quite so confident.

Y'all _would_ tell me about such gaffes, wouldn't you? Not leave me
twisting-though-oblivious in the wind?

Anyway, sorry about that, Anthony - you've currently got enough on your mind
without some picky jerk piling on about your vocab choices.
This business of being the rearguard of the English language is fraught with
opportunity for over-reaction, and I just grabbed one and ran with it. [tsk!
bonehead]

Good luck getting a seriously better job than the one you just left. Living
well is the best revenge. But if that looks to take too long for
satisfaction to kick in, w.r.t. this current episode, then at least check
the coverage angles of the previous employer's parking lot video cameras
before ....

Don't be silly. I would _never_ advocate something childish like flattening
tires or sugaring a gas tank. You people have evil minds (you know who you
are).

Kevin