XML conventions

Subject: XML conventions
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:53:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, guys...I'm looking for the official generic term to describe a
section of an XML file.

In the following cut-down XML sniip, what is the generic name for the
sections such as <doamintype>, <domaingroup>, or <domain>.

In other words, what term would I use to say
"In the <domaintype> XXX, make sure the name attribute is in upper
case.", (where I have XXX)

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"They say everyone needs goals. Mine is to live forever.
So far, so good."

RE: Typographical conventions: From: Combs, Richard