Re: XML conventions

Subject: Re: XML conventions
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:33:37 -0700 (PDT)

> Hi, guys...I'm looking for the official generic term to describe a
> section of an XML file.

I'd like to thank everyon who responded to my question. Without
exception, the answer is "element".

Also, for those who mentioned that the XML sample I posted was not
well-formed, this is understood. What I got from the developer was
more a "proof of concept" xml file that was created in NotePad as a
point of discussion. The developer has already committed to sending
me the "real" xml code once they are past figuring it out.

Again, thanks.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"They say everyone needs goals. Mine is to live forever.
So far, so good."