Re: Page Layout- Indesign, Quark, OpenOffice Writer?

Subject: Re: Page Layout- Indesign, Quark, OpenOffice Writer?
From: Chris Borokowski <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 06:05:06 -0700 (PDT)

My only beef with Quark, as I last used it in vers
4.01 (I think), was that it's a dead-end file format.
Couldn't convert to anything else, although maybe
quasi-end-stage formats like PDF were supported. In
this day and age, that's a disadvantage.

--- David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> It is quite true that InDesign or Quark are
> *capable* of superior
> typesetting, but their defaults are not necessarily
> completely optimal
> for your chosen page format.

Bored stiff? Loosen up...

Web-based technology, and PDF output.

to 106 languages with Help &amp; Manual:

or visit

Re: Page Layout- Indesign, Quark, OpenOffice Writer?: From: David Neeley