Re: Geoff Lane's "arrogant PC bunch"

Subject: Re: Geoff Lane's "arrogant PC bunch"
From: Chris Borokowski <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 06:47:20 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not sure that for writers especially, speech codes
are the answer. Life is offensive. Something out there
will offend everyone, and it's most offensive to
assume we all agree. What is sensible is to use the
best and most descriptive writing for any situation,
which causes these problem encounters to be rare.

> On 3/15/07, Jonathan West <jwest -at- mvps -dot- org> wrote:
> > There are words we no longer use in polite
> conversation or writing because
> > we have learned that they give significant offense
> to a group of people.
> > That is a good thing.

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front