Re: Pet Peeves

Subject: Re: Pet Peeves
From: Diane Brennan <dalaine00 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:07:52 -0700 (PDT)

>1. "The"
>John set his user settings
>--> John set the user settings

I always choose this construction. It's the easiest way around the gender issue. Technical writing has nothing to do with my personal feelings about using gender-specific pronouns. It is about communicating information to customers in the most effective way possible.

Web-based technology, and PDF output.

to 106 languages with Help &amp; Manual:

or visit