indexing markers in FrameMaker--deleting globally

Subject: indexing markers in FrameMaker--deleting globally
From: Joanne Sprott <afterwords -at- aweditorial -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:21:55 -0500

Hi, folks, your friendly tech neighborhood indexer here.

I'm working a multi-document project where I'm embedding the index
markers in the client's FrameMaker docs. I'm afraid that most of the
extant index markers are useless for me (no offense to all you tech
writers out there, but most of these indexes were left unedited, so lots
of inconsistencies exist--better to just start over), so I'd like to
delete them all globally. Is there any way to delete all the index
markers at once (not just the text inside them, but the markers themselves).

So far, Help indicates that I have to go to each marker in each chapter,
highlight it and delete it individually. This seems an extremely
cumbersome process, so, before I give up and do it the hard way, I
thought I'd ask.

Many thanks in advance,

Joanne
--