lyx or writer

Subject: lyx or writer
From: e-letter <inpost -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 06:59:41 +0000

An earlier message mentioned lyx, which prompted me to have a look at
it. What I'm curious to know, why use lyx when writer now exists (and
the latter makes extensive use of xml technologies?

I've done a quick web search for comparisons but couldn't find anything.

Web-based technology, and PDF output.

to 106 languages with Help &amp; Manual:

or visit