Re: Localizing Documentation

Subject: Re: Localizing Documentation
From: beverly_robinson -at- datacard -dot- com
To: khizran -at- gmail -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 09:45:52 -0500

In the Techwr-l digest I got this morning, you asked which format you
should use to send your documents to the translation company. That's easy:
Ask them what formats they accept. If they don't include .FM or .MIF in the
list of acceptable formats, explain to your management that there are many
translation/localization firms that accept native FrameMaker files, and
that it will be less expensive in the long term to work with one of those

If you need the name of a localization company that accepts FrameMaker
files, write me off-list and I'll be happy to recommend the companies we've
used in the past.

NOTICE ? This message and any attachment(s) are for authorized use by the intended recipient(s) only and may contain privileged or confidential information. Unless you are an intended recipient, you may not use, copy, retain, or disclose to anyone any information contained in this message and any attachment(s). If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please immediately contact the sender and delete this message and any attachment(s).

Web-based technology, and PDF output.

Now shipping: Help & Manual 4 with RoboHelp(r) import! New editor,
to 106 languages with Help & Manual:

or visit