RE: "Standard" browsers?

Subject: RE: "Standard" browsers?
From: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 09:32:44 -0400

Chris Bowokowski wrote:

IE still has 90% market share, with the remaining 10% divided in small
chunks with different variants. When it comes down to getting stuff to work,
IE is the de facto standard.

Hi Chris,

According to the W3C schools, Firefox has a 30% share of the browser market
and it's growing. IE6 lost shares to IE7, but all flavors of IE have less
than 70% of the market share and falling.

Check out:

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design and Award Winning
Voice/Msg: 802-658-3140
Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com
URL: (Online portfolio and resume)
See also:
URL: (Fine art photographic prints for home or
office and beautiful note cards for all occasions.)


Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats or
printed documentation. Features include single source authoring, team authoring,
Web-based technology, and PDF output.

Now shipping: Help &amp; Manual 4 with RoboHelp(r) import! New editor,
full Unicode support. Create help files, web-based help and PDF in up
to 106 languages with Help &amp; Manual:

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.


Re: "Standard" browsers?: From: Chris Borokowski

Previous by Author: What Tricks Do You Know for Making Things Easier to Find in a Large help File?
Next by Author: RE: Actual Site Stats - Firefox 2 versus IE 7 (Have Solution)
Previous by Thread: Re: "Standard" browsers?
Next by Thread: RE: "Standard" browsers?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads