Re: Safari at O'Reilly books?

Subject: Re: Safari at O'Reilly books?
From: "Rob Hudson" <caveatrob -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 12:49:48 -0400

I find safari particularly nice because i can scan the mostly poorly
written computer books and decide which might be an actual value to
purchase. If your interested in a terrific style guide you should
check out the missing manual writers guidelines. They seem quite
useful and reflect a well written set of books. Its a shame the
missing manuals only cover basic software and not advanced topics. I
find more and more that authors who write programming texts make
subjects both confusing and needlessly complex. And often incorrect.
Rob . . Who has tech edited major publisher computer books. Ugh.

On 4/21/07, Eric J. Ray <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com> wrote:

> Nancy Allison wrote:
> > Is anyone using Safari Library or Safari Bookshelf? Are you happy
> > with it?
> >
> <snip>
>
> > Any experiences with this, I'd like to hear about them. I *think* it
> > sounds great -- at $20 per month, far, far cheaper than my usual
> > outlay for technical books.
> >
> > --Nancy
>
> Nancy,
>
> I use Safari and really like it. I vaguely object to not having
> off-line access to the books, but it's a tremendously useful way
> to get the info I need quickly.
>
> As an author...well, I'm not so sure about it. It certainly
> results in buying fewer books....
>
> Eric

> Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats or
> printed documentation. Features include support for Windows Vista & 2007
> http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList
>
> Now shipping: Help &amp; Manual 4 with RoboHelp(r) import! New editor,
> full Unicode support. Create help files, web-based help and PDF in up
> to 106 languages with Help &amp; Manual: http://www.helpandmanual.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as caveatrob -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-

> or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/caveatrob%40gmail.com

Rob Hudson
Business Writing Instructor