RE: Is it possible to remove tagged text in RH5?

Subject: RE: Is it possible to remove tagged text in RH5?
From: "Margaret Hassall" <Margaret -dot- Hassall -at- computershare -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "Sarah Bouchier" <Sarah -dot- Bouchier -at- exony -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 10:35:21 +1000

Rather than extract the conditional text, you could try "re-frying" the
project (I think that term came from the PDF world - where you PDF a PDF
file to add elements :-).

Anyway,

- Create an output .CHM file for that client, with appropriate build
tags.
- Take that .CHM and "convert to source" (If you have RH, then this is
on the right-click menu, otherwise use the HTML Help workshop).
- You now have all the text and only the text in the topics with that
build tag.
- At this point it won't look exactly like a RH project, but you can
open it up in RoboHelp and save it as a new project. It will have all
the project files like .HHC and .HHK, and the SSLs, but you might need
to copy across the original .HHP file to open it in RH again. If you
have to do this often, put the .HHP into the baggage folder and it will
travel through the process.
- You should now be able to rebuild your client's output, whether .CHM,
webhelp or whatever.

Cheers,
Margaret