RE: What is More Important?

Subject: RE: What is More Important?
From: <richard -dot- melanson -at- us -dot- tel -dot- com>
To: <Gordon -dot- McLean -at- GrahamTechnology -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 09:44:40 -0400

"And I don't think Richard was daft enough to think that picking one makes the other unimportant. We all know our profession deals in shades of grey, so it boggles me why so many people are having such a difficult time dealing with this."
Thank you Gordon and yes both are important. I do not know how many on our list have heard of Mager Training or Criterion Referenced Instruction. In these types of training, well written would be described as a "fuzzy" where technically accurate would be described as a "defined." A fuzzy is in essence a concept that would be open for interpretation and in need of further definition where a defined is as it sounds a yes/no. Technically accurate is not open for interpretation, well written is defined by the different tech pubs groups all over the country. What is determined to be well written by one pubs group could be considered poorly written by another. Thanks again for reading my posts everyone, take care.
Rick

From: <richard -dot- melanson -at- us -dot- tel -dot- com>
> I am amazed that almost everyone did not JUST pick one.

Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats or printed documentation. Features include support for Windows Vista & 2007 Microsoft Office, team authoring, plus more.
http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

Now shipping: Help &amp; Manual 4 with RoboHelp(r) import! New editor, full Unicode support. Create help files, web-based help and PDF in up to 106 languages with Help &amp; Manual: http://www.helpandmanual.com

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as Gordon -dot- McLean -at- grahamtechnology -dot- com -dot-

or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/gordon.mclean%40grahamtec
hnology.com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
17:18

This email (and any attachments) is private and confidential, and is intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this communication in error please remove it and inform us via telephone or email. Although we take all possible steps to ensure mail and attachments are free from malicious content, malware and viruses, we cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any changes to content outwith our administrative bounds. The views represented within this mail are solely the view of the author and do not reflect the views of the organisation as a whole.
Graham Technology plc
Registered in Scotland company no. SC143434 Registered Office India of Inchinnan, Renfrewshire, Scotland PA4 9LH

http://www.grahamtechnology.com

Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats or printed documentation. Features include support for Windows Vista & 2007 Microsoft Office, team authoring, plus more.
http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

Now shipping: Help &amp; Manual 4 with RoboHelp(r) import! New editor, full Unicode support. Create help files, web-based help and PDF in up to 106 languages with Help &amp; Manual: http://www.helpandmanual.com

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as richard -dot- melanson -at- us -dot- tel -dot- com -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/richard.melanson%40us.tel.com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList