RE: Document serial numbers

Subject: RE: Document serial numbers
From: "Daniel Ng" <kjng -at- gprotechnologies -dot- com>
To: <steve -at- writersbookmall -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 09:42:06 +0800

For a multiproduct based company, I guess subject areas could simply
refer to the product name it self i.e
xxxproduct/man/001/050702

or a subject area could be taken to refer to
database/faq/001/030402
tech/man/001/020304
admin/tra/002/030406

I know there are choices to be made. This has been helpful. But yeah,
with so many documents, its important to get it as 'right' as possible
to avoid having to change the convention later.