RE: online programs - your view

Subject: RE: online programs - your view
From: "Gordon McLean" <Gordon -dot- McLean -at- GrahamTechnology -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 17:12:24 +0100

Two hats for this one.

As a hiring team lead I'd take the fact you pursued a Masters as a good
sign, regardless of where/how it was achieved. It certainly wouldn't be a
minus sign on your application. I doubt that an 'online' Masters requires
less work or effort than an 'offline' Masters?

As a Tech Author, I'm considering doing a distance learning MA myself,
primarily because there are few in the UK, and none in Scotland (that I know
of), so my options are limited. I'm primarily doing it out of interest and
because it'll be nice to have a qualification in the profession I ended up
in. Yes it will add to my CV but NOT having one hasn't hindered me.

HTH

Gordon