Proposal Writing

Subject: Proposal Writing
From: "Lauren" <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:44:00 -0700

I'm sure you're all waiting with baited breath to see how my first state bid
proposal "ever" turned out. Well having never seen a winning bid before, I
really didn't know what one should look like, although I have written
winning marketing proposals, business plans, and FSRs before. I guess I
winged it alright, though, we won. The contract needs a commission review
because it is over $100,000 and the commission won't meet until the end of
the month, so the contract won't be awarded until after their meeting and
probably after the July 4th holiday. I'll keep that number in mind for the
next proposal and keep the costs to $99,999 or less.

I really like this proposal writing stuff. My friend is really excited that
we won because he's been a CMAS contractor for a few years and he's
submitted about 6 proposals, all without wins. I guess winning the state
contract is a big deal.

I want to do more proposals and get another business plan to write. It
could probably be a good career move for me. So what I to know, is what is
a good direction to take to market my new found career possibility?

Lauren

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList