Re: The Mythical Man-Month

Subject: Re: The Mythical Man-Month
From: Richard Lewis <tech44writer -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>, Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:47:16 -0700 (PDT)

Does management really dictate that systems are to be primative in order to save time. Or is it that we (the troops) insist that we are not going to engage in the behavior required to do otherwise - and management just gives in and says Ok.

Richard Lewis

Richard Lewis
Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

> Richard Lewis responds:
>
> Right on! I still do not get why this is so hard
> for so many business analysts - let alone
> developers. I mean - this is supposed to be their
> job. Any insights as to why most BA's have such a
> hard time maintaining a user view?

In all cases, the reason why anyone on a development
team can't maintain focus on user issues is because
upper management doesn't.

Too often, organizational issues override operational
or product-related issues. People will always take
their clues from the top on what is and is not
important in the organization; that is, on what may or
may not affect one's employment. If the bosses are
more concerned with cutting development lifecycle
costs than with making the UI work right, then the UI
will never work right.

This is not an indictment of BAs - it's a statement of
the fact that in order to have a career, you have to
keep happy the guy who signs the checks. Even if the
product doesn't work.

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as tech44writer -at- yahoo -dot- com -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/tech44writer%40yahoo.com

It's here! Your new message!

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList