Re: Employment question

Subject: Re: Employment question
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 08:26:39 -0700

I know I can't. I could probably jump to a conclusion based
on my own personal politics, but I'm not going to.

What we can be certain of is this:

1. The candidate either injected views that were
inappropriate for an interview setting or was baited
by others in the group into responding inappropriately
when they did.

2. The OP, who is the person who should be making
the candidate selection decision but who is instead
allowing the group consensus to coopt his/her
authority, has responded to the incident by wanting
to disqualify the candidate not for displaying the
inability to participate in a good-natured discourse,
but because the candidate's political views differ
from the prevailing groupthink.

If I was the hiring manager I would not want to hire the
candidate because of #1. If I was the candidate I would
not want to work for the OP because of #2.

Gene Kim-Eng