Re: assessing a lone-writer gig

Subject: Re: assessing a lone-writer gig
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Fiona Krycek" <fiona -dot- krycek -at- gmail -dot- com>, "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- polycom -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:09:47 -0700

I think the potential issue with some of the questions is in
the way they're worded.

The first question about what deliverables will be
required right away is no problem at all.

The second, why the company waited five years to
hire a writer, is accusatory in tone and may sound as
if you have a chip on your shoulder about how the
company's perceives the value of documentation.

The third, what training are you going to provide,
suggests you may not be knowledgeable in what
needs to be documented.

The last question is better worded generically as a
question about how the company prioritizes schedule
conflicts rather than how it's going to prioritize you.
The company's priorities are not all about you.

Gene Kim-Eng