RE: PMI Certification -to Henry and PT

Subject: RE: PMI Certification -to Henry and PT
From: "Lauren" <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>
To: "'Henry J. Wicko II'" <henry -dot- wicko -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:07:43 -0700

> Behalf Of Henry J. Wicko II

> Lauren,
>
> My supervisor just got her PMP and I asked her if she could
> answer your
> question. She told me to tell you the resource to have is:
>
> PMP Exam Prep

> She said that if you do what they tell you to do in the book and study
> it, you'll pass. She was adamant about that comment.
>
> HTH
>
> Henry

Thanks, Henry. I saw this book and the claims on Amazon.com, but I wasn't
sure if it was as good as it says it is. I'll get it.

Lauren

> From: Pro TechWriter [mailto:pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com]
>
> Lauren:
>

> I ultimately decided that,
> although I've
> been trained as a project manager, I really don't want to do
> that full time.
> Managing documentation projects is enough for me.
>
> Good luck!
> --PT

Thanks PT. I began studying formal Project Management in 1995 and I kept a
log of my hours periodically since then, but I decided to not pursue
certification. Then, PMI implemented an online hours tracking system that I
used for a little while. They also changed their rules a little. I got
very annoyed at the thought of becoming a project manager, so I didn't
pursue certification. Then, PMI upgraded their system and increased the
education requirements for certification. I think they made other changes
too. I've been updating my hours like every year for a couple of years, but
I didn't wanted to finish this. In my latest dealings, I've decided that
PMP certification might help as it is getting very popular with state
agencies and for some of the people that I've worked with. Now, I guess
I'll bite the bullet and get the certification.

I have a year minus 5 days to procrastinate, but I'll probably go ahead with
this in a couple months after I've studied for the test. It is, afterall, a
tax-deductible expense for me, now.

Lauren

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList