Re: How much time/effort to administer SharePoint server?

Subject: Re: How much time/effort to administer SharePoint server?
From: "ÐÐÐÐÑÐÐ ÐÑÐÑÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ" <akrasheninnikov -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 14:59:16 +0400

One more point: at a starting stage the WSS design will require one to three
days. During that time it's quite easy to create several reusable templates
for webs, lists, libraries, content types, etc. You can find VBScripts that
back up the webs for you on the internet and that, combined with the
Scheduler service will help you get rid of the backup overhead. The sites
backed up like that (with stsadm utility) can easily be restored to a new
WSS deployment if your SLA allows for a couple of hours to create a new
clean deployment in case of disaster.

So most of the time your senior writer is likely to spend actually authoring
and organizing content, whether in the SharePoint environment or elsewhere.
Consider that too. Just make sure he doesn't hang out in the sharepoint
blogs all the time :)