Re: Working from home-the report is in

Subject: Re: Working from home-the report is in
From: Janice Gelb <Janice -dot- Gelb -at- Sun -dot- COM>
To: "List,Techwriter" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 10:24:06 +1000

John Posada wrote:

> -- I need to up my cellphone minutes plan...I've
> been on conf calls about 3 hours today already.

My situation might be slightly different than yours
because I'm telecommuting across an ocean. However,
after trying the reimbursement-for-phone-charges route,
my manager and I worked out that it would be easier all
around if he approved a corporate phone card for me. I now
do all of my phone meetings through that method and don't
have to do any paperwork for it. And if you don't already
have one, get a speakerphone or a headset. Your
chiropractor will thank you :->

Suzette Leeming wrote:

> I worked from home F/T for many years - in my current job, I only work from
> home 2 days a week. My advice is this:

[snip great advice]
> - Meet all deadlines - you don't need your boss doubting how much work
> you're doing.

One more suggestion: I now attend many more
general "all department" or "all division" phone
meetings than I used to, and if I can think of
a relevant one, I try to ask a question, too,
to prove that I'm there and attending. Do anything
you can do to show that you still consider yourself
part of your department.

Best of luck!

-- Janice

Janice Gelb janice -dot- gelb -at- sun -dot- com

The only connection Sun has with
this message is the return address

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList