Re: Avoiding documentation bottlenecks while maintaining quality? (take II)

Subject: Re: Avoiding documentation bottlenecks while maintaining quality? (take II)
From: Beth Agnew <beth -dot- agnew -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca>
To: techwr-l List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 11:01:22 -0400

I think the triangle, with its humorous variations, is meant to be more
an aphorism than an axiom, a general rather than absolute truth. It's a
good way to help people understand the factors involved in quality
projects. We could just as easily hang our hats on scope/risk/resources,
or any other threesome that makes sense for our situation. I've found
the good/cheap/fast idea to be very useful in educating clients who
don't seem to think a documentation or marketing project is an actual
project where multiple factors must be managed. Once they realize that
change in one area prompts changes in the other two areas, they start to
understand the relationships among the variables and why some of their
great ideas show up on their bill as an additional charge. :-)

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList