RE: Really Long Car Battery Jump-Starting Instructions (was: "RE:Inflammable vs. flammable")

Subject: RE: Really Long Car Battery Jump-Starting Instructions (was: "RE:Inflammable vs. flammable")
From: "Tariel, Lauren R" <lt34 -at- saclink -dot- csus -dot- edu>
To: "Andrew Warren" <awarren -at- synaptics -dot- com>, "John Posada" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "Evans, Diane L (Rosetta)" <diane_evans -at- merck -dot- com>, "Techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 18:39:08 -0700

Uh. Yeah. Thanks for the lesson, you car battery guru. ;-)

I didn't exactly spell out the technical details of car jumping because I wasn't detailing how to do it nor was I preparing a technical document about the process.

How's 'bout I add some more detail about my comments for you, Andrew? In jumping a car, I begin with correct order of steps, I know I should *begin the jumping process* with *step 4* as negative to ground, but given my experience with my trusty back-up vehicle, I usually wind up resorting to using negative to post, so I tend to *begin the jumping process* with *step 4* as negative to post (after steps 1-3 have been completed).

Or I could just call AAA, which is what I wound up doing because the car still wouldn't start. The AAA dude went through the process of jumping the battery and adding fuel because it thought it might be out of gas since my gauge is broken but there was 15 gallons of gas in the tank. He finally whacked the fuel filter a few times with a jack handle and the beast started right up. Doc that.

Lauren