Re: Information Graphics "training"?

Subject: Re: Information Graphics "training"?
From: "Henry J. Wicko II" <henry -dot- wicko -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Rob Hudson" <caveatrob -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 23:50:36 -0400

Rob,

Here is an article on graphic communication I found a few months ago.
It is an interesting read, I think anyway, and maybe it will help shed
some light on graphics for you. See
http://www.apmpnca.org/library/newsletter_library_pdf/2007xiii-2.pdf
(the article begins on page 4). I think the graphics column is run
consistently in the NCA newsletter, so if you find this one
interesting, look for other back issues.

> What self-training curriculum could I implement to move from being a
> boring Visio Diagrammer to burgeoning Information Graphic Developer?

My advice is to pick up a graphics program, play around, create some
images, do collages with personal photos, volunteer to do some graphic
work for a friend/church/personal site, or create some business cards
for friends (including their logo if you can). IMO, the more you
play, design, take criticism, and learn, the better -- and faster --
you'll get.

Training never hurts an your graphics program of choice. Corel and
Adobe put out products widely used for graphics. See what lynda.com
has to offer.

The graphics column author has his own graphics company, and you can
find their seminars information here:
http://www.billiondollargraphics.com/events.html. I give the link for
the seminars page, but the site is worth exploring as well.

I am not associated with these sites and organizations other than
reading content and using my Adobe products.

I am sure you'll find more resources out there on the web if you know
what you are looking for.

HTH

Henry

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList