RE: Information Graphics "training"?

Subject: RE: Information Graphics "training"?
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:21:51 -0400

The article states: "I do not work with BMPs and PNGs because of their
history of volatility with certain programs. For example, PNGs allow for
transparency but print poorly and have been known to corrupt entire MS
PowerPoint presentations."

Is anyone familiar with these problems? I use PNG files almost
exclusively for screen captures, and they work fine in Word, PowerPoint,
and Visio.

I was also disappointed that the article mixed raster and vector file
types with no explanation. That's just the kind of information that a
novice would find useful, especially when working (as the article
suggests) in Visio.

Thanks,

Dan

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList