RE: Punctuation question

Subject: RE: Punctuation question
From: "Butler, Darren J Ctr 584 CBSS/GBHAC" <Darren -dot- Butler -dot- ctr -at- Robins -dot- af -dot- mil>
To: "Techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 11:04:37 -0500

On November 07 11:03:47 AM, John Cook wrote: If comprehension isn't
affected whether you use one or the other, I'd adopt a stance and stick
with it.

In this case, the issue isn't comprehension but protocol. This is one of
the few times (that I'm aware of) that the recipient and the situation
will dictate the punctuation, and using the wrong punctuation could be
inadvisable -- especially in business.

If I were submitting my resume to a prospective employer, I would use
the colon in the salutation of my cover letter to be on the safe side.

Blessings,

Darren

Darren J. Butler

Sr. Technical Writer-Editor, Template Wrangler, Mil-Spec Pharisee

Integrated Data for Maintenance

NG Corp