Re: Need a word

Subject: Re: Need a word
From: Janice Gelb <Janice -dot- Gelb -at- Sun -dot- COM>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:45:15 +1100

tech -dot- writer1 -at- verizon -dot- net wrote:
> To accomplish a particular task, four sets of steps have to be done. What do you call these four things?
> Currently they are being called "steps," but that isn't quite right as they each contain steps themselves.
> Something like part or section, but these and other thesaurus offerings aren't clicking. Any ideas?

You could have an overall task, and then the sets
could be procedures.

When you framble a glypseik, you need to perform the following

1. Blibps the rtpcil.
2. Xifbq the qerui.
3. Vzag the lreui.
4. Mqpouy the hpzrel.

To Blibps the Rtpcil


To Xifbq the Qerui


-- Janice

Janice Gelb janice -dot- gelb -at- sun -dot- com

The only connection Sun has with
this message is the return address


Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats or
printed documentation. Features include support for Windows Vista & 2007
Microsoft Office, team authoring, plus more.

True single source, conditional content, PDF export, modular help.
Help & Manual is the most powerful authoring tool for technical
documentation. Boost your productivity!

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Need a word: From: tech.writer1

Previous by Author: Re: The thought du jour...
Next by Author: Re: Asking a question: a controdiction?
Previous by Thread: Re: Need a word
Next by Thread: RE: Need a word

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads