RE: Flare does not import PDFs -- any workarounds?

Subject: RE: Flare does not import PDFs -- any workarounds?
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>, "Techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:03:59 -0700

Cardimon, Craig wrote:

> I couldn't figure out how to import PDFs into Flare, so I had
> to email and ask. The answer was surprising: Flare does not
> import PDF fies.
>

> Flare imports Word docs and entire RoboHelp projects, but not
> PDF files.
> Ouch.

I'm not surprised. PDF really is just an output format. Your company
should have the source docs (Word, FM, whatever) from which the PDFs
were created.

(If it doesn't, this would be a good time for everyone to learn an
important lesson about protecting valuable corporate assets. That's what
those source files are -- or were.)

The lesson can be reinforced by keeping careful records of how much time
it takes you to re-create the source files by saving the PDFs as RTFs,
opening in Word, cleaning up, etc. :-}

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs