Re: It's not just a good idea; it's the law

Subject: Re: It's not just a good idea; it's the law
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 08:41:46 -0800

It's not your cost of translation that may result in a
waiver, but the decision you make, based on that
cost, to not sell the product in the member state,
and the demand from potential buyers in that state
who are faced with the prospect of not being able
to obtain your product or any equivalent one. If
there's someone else with an equivalent product
who is domestic to the member state or willing to
pay the costs of translation, you can forget about
a waiver.

Gene Kim-Eng