RE: [slightly OT] File protection from copying

Subject: RE: [slightly OT] File protection from copying
From: "Sam Beard" <sbeard -at- oico -dot- com>
To: "Samuel Wright" <lykoszine -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:15:40 -0600

Samuel,

Ease of use is certainly a factor, and that maybe what he was
referring to, in which case I read it wrong and apologize. And your
comment about paying $5 for a DRM-free file versus the same $5 for a
file restricted by DRM is also noted and worthwhile argument. However, I
would also like to note that it only holds true as long as the money
goes to the actual producers and not just to a Web site/torrent
operator.

There definitely seems to be a trend away from DRM, albeit a slow
one. The consumer demands it, but the executives are afraid of it. In
any case, theft still goes on and artists are not compensated in the
manner they should be. A hazard of the digital age, methinks.

Samuel I. Beard, Jr.
Technical Writer
OI Analytical
979 690-1711 Ext. 222