RE: know your ... who?

Subject: RE: know your ... who?
From: "Lauren" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:21:48 -0800

My rudimentary example of "knowing an audience" does not encompass *every*
example of what a writer needs to know about an audience. There is not
enough bandwidth to share *every* example and other examples are not
"counter-examples" as you state.

The "model" I described requires that the writer learn about the audience
and your examples do not counter the model, but they further illustrate
issues that require knowing one's audience.

Lauren