RE: Death knell for quality content?

Subject: RE: Death knell for quality content?
From: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:04:07 -0500

Will Sansbury hit the head on the nail:

"Writing to communicate and writing to bait search engines are two very
different tasks."

Several years ago, when links were king, web sites popped up all over the
place that included pages that linked to just about everything. The idea was
the more incoming/outgoing links, the higher your site got in the search
listings. It didn't take the search engines long to figure this out and now
link pages actually push you down in the rankings. Quality links help, but
they are only part of the picture. Search engines are getting really
sophisticated. Content that is garbage, or has no value, will ultimately
loose out in the ranking game. When it does, I wonder how many "writers" for
Helium will end up not getting paid for their mediocre material.

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Help, Web Design, Video, Photography
Office/Msg: 802-872-9091
Cell: 802-578-3964
Website: www.geistassociates.com
See Also:
Fine Art Photography
Website: www.geistimages.com

"...I walked to work, quit my job, and kept walking. Better to be a pilgrim
without a destination, I figured, than to cross the wrong threshold each
day." (Anon.)

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList