Subject: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
From: TECHWR-L Listowner <admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 02:05:07 -0600 (MDT)

Posted on
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
This ad posting is sent daily directly to all list members to help
underwrite the costs of the list (just as ads in a newspaper,
magazine, or journal underwrite the costs of those publications).

In this posting, look for the following ...

NEW TODAY:
ANNOUNCE: DocTrain East 2008: Last Call for Presenters

ANNOUNCE: DocTrain East 2008: Last Call for Presenters
ANNOUNCE: Call for Speakers: LavaCon 2008
ANN: New Social Network for Technical Communicators

and at the end you'll find the concluding administrivia with
information about these ads and how to place your own.

ANNOUNCE: DocTrain East 2008: Last Call for Presenters

If you're interested in speaking at the upcoming
Documentation and Training East 208 Conference
(October 29-November 1, 2008 in Burlington, MA),
act now. The Call for Participation closes at midnite,
Friday, April 4, 2008.

Submit your speaking proposal online: http://www.doctrain.com/east/log
in

What we're looking for:

We're looking for great presenters! And, we're especially
interested in hearing from technical communication and
training professionals who work in-the-trenches who are
interested in presenting case studies, lessons learned
and best practice sessions (60 minutes in length) that
address the conference theme -- Producing Quality
Content -- or that address the special focus area --
Software Documentation Projects. We're also looking
for instructors to teach hands-on half-day workshops
that help attendees master a new approach, standard,
methodology, or software tool set.

Do you practice what you preach?

While we're not looking for marketing presentations from
software and services vendors, we are interested in
presentations from those who work for software companies
and use their own software products at work.

Submit your speaking proposal online: http://www.doctrain.com/east/log
in

Questions? Contact Scott Abel at scottabel -at- mac -dot- com
or +1 317-466-1840.

ANNOUNCE: Call for Speakers: LavaCon 2008

The LavaCon Conference on Technical Communication and Project
Management is now accepting speaker proposals for its sixth
annual event to be held November 6 - 8 in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Deadline for submission is Friday, April 18.

Details at http://www.lavacon.org

ANN: New Social Network for Technical Communicators

The Content Wrangler Community
(http://thecontentwrangler.ning.com) is
the new social network dedicated to people who value content
as a business asset, worthy of being effectively managed. This
is the place where technical communicators, medical and science
writers, marketing pros, online community managers, document
engineers, information architects, localization and translation
pros, taxonomists, bloggers, documentation and training managers,
and content creators of all types hang out. It's much more than
a blog. It's a place to join peers, to share, to collaborate,
to contribute, to find information.

"Social networks are about connecting people and ideas,"
said Scott Abel, manager of The Content Wrangler Community.
"These web-based networks are the natural evolution of the web
from a passive broadcast medium to a multi-directional
communication platform that more closely supports the way
humans interact in the physical world."

The Content Wrangler Community, launched officially March 8,
has attracted nearly 600 members from all over the world. Members
come from a variety of disciplines and experience levels.

"Some of our members really gravitate to the social features
of the community," Abel says. "Things like videos, music,
a discussion forums are some of the most popular. And, of course,
it's a much better medium for interaction compared to
old-school listservs. Members can see each other online and
converse in real time. And, the addition of photos helps
humanize the site."

The Content Wrangler Community includes a variety of features includin
g:

* Keyword searchable archive
* Keyword searchable member directory
* Music and video players
* Groups and discussion forums
* Customizable home pages
* Member-to-member communication
* Integration with Facebook applications

The Content Wrangler Community provides a variety of members only
services, including discounts on upcoming conferences, free access to

tutorials, books, webinars, and online learning courses.

If you need additional information about The Content Wrangler
Community, just ask!

Thanks!

Scott Abel, The Content Wrangler
+1 317.466.1840 scottabel -at- mac -dot- com http://www.thecontentwrangler.com

Join our new social network for content professionals:
http://thecontentwrangler.ning.com

And don't miss our upcoming events

Documentation and Training Conference Series
West -- May 6-9, 2008 Vancouver, BC
Life Sciences -- June 23-26, 2008 Indianapolis, IN
East - October 29-November 1, 2008, Burlington, MA

Learn more: http://www.doctrain.com

About posting ads:
Announcements on the TECHWR-L Premium Announcement posting
cost $50 to contact over 5000 TECHWR-L subscribers
directly each day for a week.

In an effort to provide a free service that allows you to post
announcements, jobs, and events, however, we have established other
services:

The TECHWR-L Calendar provides a free resource for you
to post announcements, activities, and events:
http://www.techwr-l.com/event

These resources are available at no cost to anyone, posters
or seekers, TECHWR-L subscribers or not. We encourage you to
regularly use these free services.

For jobs, announcements, and events that you specifically
want to be mailed directly to all 5100+ TECHWR-L subscribers
in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact us
(admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com) or submit your paid ad at
http://www.techwr-l.com/about/advertising