RE: Word 2003 so-o-o-o-o slo-o-o-o-ow

Subject: RE: Word 2003 so-o-o-o-o slo-o-o-o-ow
From: "Lauren" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 17:39:49 -0700

I've had graphics issues before on client systems and people on this forum
seem to wince at my crappy workarounds. Usually, I am not given any
graphics manipulation tools to work with other than Paint, so I don't have
many options to reduce file size, but I do try to resize graphics in Paint
when the option is available.

I don't know, nor do I care, about the correct terminology for discussing
graphics in Word, but Word has options to display graphics as bitmaps,
postscript, and other formats. My primary workaround to get a graphic to
work is to cut the graphic in Word and paste (Paste Special) it with a
format that has a lower file size but still looks right on the screen and
prints right. I play with cut-and-paste until I find the best option and
then write a macro to do the process when I have multiple graphics. It
makes Word happy and less whiney and I can get on with my work without
wasting a lot of time with graphics manipulation.

Lauren

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList