Re: Reading meanings into information (Was:: Replacing "master" and "slave" terminology)

Subject: Re: Reading meanings into information (Was:: Replacing "master" and "slave" terminology)
From: Ned Bedinger <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 13:01:35 -0700

> It
> also seems to have things in common with [ secretion | excretion |
> artesian spring | electrical short circuit].

The mail bag was running 2:1 in favor of "INCREASE YOUR DOSE!!".

So let me explain:

The subject was the observable fact that (some) people find or resort to
unintended meaning.

[Secretion] Model it as a secretion, like an endocrine hormone
(adrenaline, ok?), secreted directly into the body by a gland, serving
its purpose without making external appearances.

[Excretion] Opposite of secretion. Model it on sweat. Cooling function
too, if you can make your own sense of that.

[Artesian] Private meaning just bubbles up from the mind, unbidden,
unmanaged. Maybe it gives confidence, or refreshes the sense that one
knows what going on.

[Short] At the end of the day, this is going be the default if you can't
come up with a more practical view of private meaning. It is my least
favorite, but seems to be inevitable, if having only the intended
meaning is the discriminator for being right or wrong.

Disobscured by request.

Is it something that no one

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList