RE: If I Did It PDF question

Subject: RE: If I Did It PDF question
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "'Lauren'" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>, "'techwr-l List'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:19:50 -0400

Why did you change your mind?

What site forced a download? If they're a reputable company, report this to
them.

To me, a forced download is like someone sticking their foot in your front
door and getting in your house without your permission.

> So now I have questions.
>
> * I apparently have an unauthorized copy of the book, do I kick $20 or
> whatever to the Ron Goldman Foundation to stay legal?
>
> * This download occurs frequently, so how do I prevent the automatic
> download of this book in the future?

What sites are doing this? Stay away from them.

> * Has anyone else heard about this issue?

I haven't heard a thing about this.

> * I run ad-aware, spy doctor, and mcafee, is there anything
> else I should do
> to protect myself?

Put in a tech support call to your virus vendor. That's what I would do.
If this behavior keeps occurring on otherwise innocuous sites, it might be
that you have a virus now.

> * Does anyone know why this book is circulating through the
> Internet? Do
> you think somebody is trying to undermine book sales?
>
> I guess I'll avoid links to Adecco for a little bit.

I would advice Adecco that this is going on if I were you.

Bonnie Granat
http://www.GranatEdit.com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList