RE: If I Did It PDF question

Subject: RE: If I Did It PDF question
From: "technical writing plus" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "'Lauren'" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:00:13 -0600

* I apparently have an unauthorized copy of the book, do I kick $20 or
whatever to the Ron Goldman Foundation to stay legal?

Jim says: I don't think so. I really doubt it. What if you get someone who
is quite the astute programmer who makes it possible for a company to kind
of force people to download their product. If this company makes much $ from
the downloads, then it must be ok, right? Or no?

* This download occurs frequently, so how do I prevent the automatic
download of this book in the future?

Jim says: I don't know.

* Has anyone else heard about this issue?

Jim says: TMZ.com might know something because I just read on article that
touches on this issue of that book that is floating around the internet.

[ http://www.tmz.com/2007/06/19/oj-did-it-leaked-online ]

* I run ad-aware, spy doctor, and mcafee, is there anything else I should do
to protect myself?

Jim says: I don't know.

* Does anyone know why this book is circulating through the Internet? Do
you think somebody is trying to undermine book sales?

Jim says: TMZ.com might know. The Wikipedia article about the book is
interesting [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_I_Did_It ].

Jim Jones

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList