RE: FrameMaker PDF Index Hyperlink Issue

Subject: RE: FrameMaker PDF Index Hyperlink Issue
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: "Eric Thomas" <ethomas -at- ftdi -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 10:59:45 -0600

Eric Thomas wrote:

> One of the files in my FrameMaker book starts with an
> exclamation mark (I used it so it would be at the top of my
> Windows Explorer windows when I sorted). <snip>
> My thought is that the exclamation mark is causing this
> behavior, as nothing else is different about this chapter.
> But before I rename the chapter and have to redo all of the
> cross-references between chapters, I'm hoping I can get a
> definitive answer (or at least some gut feels that I'm
> right). Of course, this is a chapter with a lot of cross-refs
> to and from it, which means it's probably a couple of hours
> of work to see what's up with it.

I can't shed any light on the behavior, but I can assure you that you
don't need to do two hours' work to change the file name. :-)

If you change the name from within the FM book window, FM updates all
the xrefs in the book for you. In the book window, right-click
! and select Rename File. Change the name, acknowledge FM's
two popups about what it's going to do, and you're done.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom
rgcombs AT gmailDOTcom

documentation. Boost your productivity!

or visit

FrameMaker PDF Index Hyperlink Issue: From: Eric Thomas