Re: Making the Switch from Full Time to Freelance/Contract - Looking for Advice

Subject: Re: Making the Switch from Full Time to Freelance/Contract - Looking for Advice
From: voxwoman <voxwoman -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: chrismorton11 -at- gmail -dot- com
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 17:37:23 -0400

When I work for a contract house (as a W-2 or 1099 "employee"), I get
regular bi-weekly payments as well. I was speaking about working as a
freelance consultant ("corp-to-corp") where you have to invoice the client
company directly and deal with their accounts payable departments. When you
get into the Net 45 payment cycles, you can be waiting for 2-3 months before
you see any money.
-Wendy