Re: Making the Switch from Full Time to Freelance/Contract - Looking for Advice

Subject: Re: Making the Switch from Full Time to Freelance/Contract - Looking for Advice
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: Louise Kasemeier <louisekasemeier -at- yahoo -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 18:10:32 -0500

In the Dallas area they don't want to deal with 1099, they prefer to
have W2 employees, so as to avoid an possibility of claims on them
for benefits. Also 6 month contracts are the norm, with 3 months
being used more frequently.

Use the agencies! They spend more time, and have the relationships in
many cases, that you don't have, and can't expect to build in a short
period.

Scott

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList