Re: Word template

Subject: Re: Word template
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, "SB" <sylvia -dot- braunstein -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 08:49:56 -0500

Simplify the number of styles you need. Most of your problems, besides fighting Word, could be traced to more styles
than you need. Start there. Then enforce a strict adherence to your styles. The changes to names isn't going to help.

Ensure you have a real reason to create a style or to keep it. Look at the structure of your documents, and if a style
doesn't fit into that structure, don't use it. If it is a once in awhile use for esthetics, consider why you are using
it. Does the concept of your styles need to be changed?

Somewhere along the line someone will have to bite the bullet and standardize all of your documents for transition to
AuthorIT, or you will encounter more problems.

Scott

On Sat 08/05/17 11:08 , SB sent:

---- Msg sent via Internet America Webmail - www.internetamerica.com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList